This section will explain how to get the Hibernate distribution and configure the application with hibernate.
1. The Hibernate distribution is available at http://www.hibernate.org/6.html. Download and unzip the core package from this page.
2. Download and install JDK 1.4 (Sun or IBM) http://java.sun.com/j2se/downloads/index.html
3. Download and install Eclipse 3.2.1 from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.2.1-200609210945/eclipse-SDK-3.2.1-win32.zip. However,if you have any other version of Eclipse,that will work too.
4. Download and Install Oracle or MySQL Database whichever is convenient to you. We will use Oracle Database 10g Express Edition. However we will let you know the appropriate steps for MySQL as well wherever necessary.
5. Run the Eclipse IDE and create a simple Java Project as shown below.